417 total views
Here’s a winter warmer for you…
Pumpkin (or squash)
Vegetable stock cube
Pinch of salt (or soy sauce)
½ Tsp. garam masala
Pinch of chopped chili
Tsp. chopped ginger
½ Tsp coriander (or use fresh)
½ Tsp. Pepper (or to taste)
2 Tbsp. coconut milk
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
Enough water to cover
1. Chop the onion and, in a large pan on a medium heat, fry it in oil.
2. Chop up the potatoes, carrots and pumpkin. (Avoid using seeds and skin of pumpkin, just use flesh and pulp.)
3. Add to the pan and pour in enough boiling water to only just cover the contents.
4. Add all the herbs, spices and a stock cube.
5. Bring to a boil and leave to simmer. Turn off when potatoes are soft enough to stick knife in.
6. Using a hand blender, purée everything until it reaches a thick, creamy consistency.
7. Either stir coconut milk in now or have fun trying to make perfect swirls on each bowl of soup.
8. Serve with bread.
Top tip: Freeze any extra to heat up when you return from a long day of lectures.
Want to meet other food fanatics? Then join the vegetarian and vegan society for fun foody socials.