369 total views
Here’s a winter warmer for you… The recipe is vegan and serves 2-3. You can freeze leftovers to heat up when you return from a long day of lectures.
1 pumpkin (or squash)
Vegetable stock cube
Pinch of salt (or soy sauce)
1 tsp. cumin
½ tsp. garam masala
Pinch of chopped chili
1 tsp. chopped ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp dried coriander (or fresh)
½ tsp. pepper (or to taste)
2 tbsp. coconut milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Enough water to cover
1. Chop the onion and, in a large pot, fry on a medium heat.
2. Chop up the potatoes, carrots and pumpkin. (Avoid using seeds and skin of pumpkin, just use flesh and pulp.)
3. Add to the pot and pour in water until the contents are just covered.
4. Stir in all the herbs, spices and the stock cube.
5. Bring to boil and leave to simmer. Turn off when potatoes are soft enough to stick knife in.
6. Use a hand blender to reach a thick, creamy consistency, adding water if necessary.
7. Either stir coconut milk in now or have fun trying to make perfect swirls on each bowl of soup.
8. Serve with bread.