285 total views
These potato wedges will not only be cheaper than buying a bag of frozen chips but will also be a lot healthier and tastier. These wedges work great with a lot of meals or as a snack when you have friends round.
- 2 potatoes per portion
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional seasoning such as Cajun seasoning
- Wash and scrub the potatoes and dry them using kitchen towel.
- Chop the potatoes into wedges. The easiest way to get perfect wedge shapes is to cut the potato in half and then into quarters and then cut those quarters in half, giving you 8 large wedges in total.
- Place the potatoes wedges on a microwaveable plate and put into the microwave
- Cook on high for 4 minutes and then check how soft the potatoes wedges are. If the potatoes are still too firm cook them for another 1–2 minutes.
- Place the wedges into a sealable bag and pour in about 1 cm of oil.
- Seal the bag and shake so the potato wedges are fully coated in the oil
- Place the potato wedges onto a baking tray and spread out evenly, dispose of the left over oil.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 200°C in a preheated oven or 180°C for fan assisted-ovens.
- Turn the potato wedges over halfway through cooking.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking season with salt, pepper and any optional seasoning such as Cajun spices.
- Allow to cool and serve with your chosen dish or as a snack.