With this recipe, the initial cost is either the same or a little more but the spices will last a lot longer and can be reused to make this recipe time and time again and can also be used in other recipes, making the initial splurge of herbs and spices actually cost effective in the long run.
- 4 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 large red onion
- 4 teaspoons of cumin (depending on desired taste)
- 2-4 teaspoons of paprika (depending on desired taste)
- 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- 8 wraps
- Sour cream
- Chopped lettuce
- Grated cheese
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips about 1 cm thick and place into a bowl.
- Slice the peppers and the onion into strips and add these to the bowl.
- Mix everything in the bowl and add your spices, making sure all the ingredients receive a good coating.
- Mix the bowl again and drizzle everything with a splash of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the juice of half a lime to the mix and then put the mixture from the bowl into a preheated wok or large frying pan with a little extra olive oil.
- Keep stirring the mixture while it fries and when the chicken is half cooked add in the other half of the lime (without squeezing the juices out).
- Cook until the chicken is cooked through and then remove the lime.
- Serve with wraps, salsa, chopped lettuce, cheese and anything else you want to add.
Serve and enjoy!
Once you have tried this recipe why not add some variation by swapping the chicken for steak or if you are a veggie you can leave out the meat and add an array of vegetables.