536 total views
This is a very simple recipe that is not only tasty but healthy too. Many students struggle with getting their five-a-day and this meal can add 1 to 2 portions of vegetables to your diet.
- 1/2 courgettes
- 100 g of pasta (fusilli, penne or bow-tie pasta works best)
- 3 teaspoons of half-fat Crème Fraiche
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bread (for dipping)
- Vegetables such as mushroom, peppers, etc.
- Add the pasta to a pan of boiling water and season with salt.
- Cut both ends off the courgette and grate the 3/4 into a bowl and cut the final ¼ into small chunks.
- Stir fry the courgette with a tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- When the courgette is soft and cooked to your liking add in the crème fraiche and mix thoroughly.
- Turn down the heat on the courgette to keep it warm while you drain off the pasta.
- Once the pasta is drained, drizzle some olive oil over it to add flavour.
- Return the pasta to the empty pan and stir in the courgette mix.
Serve and enjoy!
You can also add meat to this dish if you wish, chicken works well. Before stir frying the courgette, fry the cubes of chicken and once the chicken is almost cooked add the courgette.