404 total views
- 175g sifted self raising flour
- 100g butter, softened
- 175g caster sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1–2 teaspoons ginger
- 100g butter
- 200g icing sugar
- Heat the oven to 180C°/350°F/160°F/Gas 4 and grease a small cake tin – a 20cm sandwich tin would be fine
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl and stir until soft then add the sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add gradually the beaten eggs, milk and the sifted flour. Make sure you mix them together well.
- Put the mixture into the greased cake tin and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and springy in the middle.
- Allow the cake to cool then spread or pipe the butter icing on top.