396 total views
- 40g Flora plus a small blob
- 35g dark muscovado sugar
- 1 tablespoon Golden Syrup
- 110g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon of bi-carbonate soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Spare plain flour for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C/ 325 °F/Gas 3/Fan 160°.
- Grease a baking tray with a blob of butter using a small piece of greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter, sugar and the Golden Syrup together in a small mixing bowl in a microwave for 25 seconds or in a small pan on a low heat.
- Sieve the flour, bi-carbonate of soda and ginger together into a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Pour the melted ingredients into the well and stir and then knead the mixture into a dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and cut into four portions. Roll out to one cm thick and cut with Christmas cutters.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the gingerbread is dark brown.
- Make a whole at the top of each gingerbread shape with the end of a teaspoon.
- Leave the gingerbread on the tray for 5 minutes more. Then lift the biscuits gently onto a cooling tray and thread a ribbon through each gingerbread shape.
- Decorate your Christmas tree with your tasty treats.