- 300g self–raising flour
- 300g caster sugar
- 150g Flora
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 jar mincemeat or jam
- 50g Demerara sugar
1. Grease and line a solid bottomed cake tin.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl.
3. Add the sugar and toss gently to mix.
4. Rub in the flora.
5. Add the egg and mix to a sticky dough.
6. Using well dusted hands split the mixture into 2 lumps – one slightly larger than the other.
6. Dip your fingers in flour then using the smaller lump of mixture cover the bottom of your tin – do this by breaking off lumps of dough, squashing it and then pressing it into the tin.
7. Gently spread with your filling but try to avoid spreading it too close to the edges.
8. Using squashed lumps of the last ball of mixture cover the filling as best you can.
9. Sprinkle with soft brown sugar.
10. Bake in a pre-heated oven 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4/Fan 160° for 40 – 45 mins.