424 total views
- Two salmon fillets
- One teaspoon vegetable or sunflower oil
- 250g bag of baby spinach
- Two tablespoon crème fraîche
- One half lemon, cut into wedges, plus another half juiced
- One tablespoon capers, drained and if desired, slightly crushed
- Two tablepoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add salmon fillets, flat side down, cooked until the bottom is browned. Turn salmon and cook until opaque throughout. Set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add spinach in the hot pan, season well with salt and pepper, then cover with lid. Leave until soft for about one minute. Stir once or twice. Spoon spinach onto a plate and top it with the seared salmon.
- Drain excess oil. Over medium heat, gently heat the crème fraîche. Add lemon juice, capers and parsley. Spoon the sauce over the salmon and spinach and serve with lemon wedges.
- Choose unsmoked skinless salmon fillets sold in a pack of two.
- Cook salmon over medium heat for about three minutes each side. Do not overcook. When cooking, make sure salmon fillets are about two inches apart.
- Cook spinach in batches if necessary. Drain excess oil when conveying onto plate.