209 total views
The role will require you to edit and maintain SCAN’s Features section, and ensure it contains informed and interesting articles. You will be expected to provide copy for both SCAN and Carolynne on a variety of topics, looking at issues in the wider national media and subjects closer to home.
The role will also require you to:
- Work closely with the SCAN Editor, Associate Editor, Carolynne Editors and Web Editor and keep them informed on the progress of your section.
- Maintain a balance of serious and light-hearted pieces within the section.
- Arrange interviews with people of interest within and beyond the University.
- Provide training and guidance to any member of SCAN writing for the Features section and maintain a proficient team of Features writers and columnists.
- Organise photography for the Features section with the Head of Photography.
Applicants should be imaginative, confident and have excellent administrative and communication skills. They should have a well rounded cultural, political and social knowledge and have an eye for spotting things that would be of interest to the readers of SCAN.
Experience in SCAN is desirable but applications will be considered from applicants with other relevant experience. Candidates with no previous experience in SCAN should not be dissuaded from applying – I welcome applications from anyone with a desire to learn and contribute to the paper.