222 total views
There are two positions to be filled.
The role will require you to edit and maintain SCAN’s Comment section, and ensure the section is an informed and engaging platform for student led debate. You will be expected to provide Comment pieces from a variety of writers.
The role will also require you to:
- Work closely with the SCAN Editor, Associate Editor and Web Editor and keep them informed on the progress of your section.
- Stay informed on university and national issues and ensure Comment writers are informed about campus based issues
- Provide Comment writers with a variety of ideas for pieces if they are unsure themselves.
- Make sure there is an even balance in the section of pieces on national and campus issues.
- Liaise with the Head of Photography to ensure there are appropriate images for the section.
- Provide training and guidance to any member of SCAN writing for the Comment section.
- Be prepared to organise and appoint their own ‘feature columnists’ to ensure an array of opinions within the Comment section.
Applicants should be opinionated, have excellent administrative and communication skills and be confident in leading a team. They should have a good understanding the politics and infrastructure of the University and Students Union.
Experience in SCAN is desirable but applications will be considered from applicants with other relevant experience. Candidates with no previous experience in SCAN should not be dissuaded from applying – I welcome applications from anyone with a desire to learn and contribute to the paper.