425 total views
These tasty little treats are perfect for any Halloween party and are really easy to make.
50g Cheddar Cheese, cut into thin strips
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Mixed Herbs
¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
500g Ready-rolled Short Crust Pastry
25g Unsalted Butter
Any condiment of your choosing (Ketchup does very well for that added gruesome effect)
- Preheat the oven to 205°C and line a medium sized baking tray with grease-proof paper (greasing with a small amount of butter works just as well.)
- Chop the sausages in half lengthways before making a slit in the middle to about half the depth. Cut the cheese into very thin strips and stuff into the slot you have just made.
- Leave the sausages whilst you combine the salt, mixed herbs and pepper into a small bowl.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat and add the seasoning, stir well.
- Unwrap the ready-rolled pastry and brush the butter mixture all over the surface, the cut into thin strips.
- Once you have done this, carefully wrap the pastry strips around each hot dog, leaving an exposed space near the top to act as the mummies head.
- Place on the prepared baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is a golden brown.
- Once cooled, you can add eyes using a cocktail stick and your chosen condiment.