696 total views
The role will require you to edit and maintain SCAN’s Fashion section, and ensure it contains relevant and interesting articles. You will be expected to provide copy for Carolynne focusing on the latest fashion and style trends, but also highlight affordable and local fashion.
The role will also require you to:
- Work closely with the SCAN Editor, Associate Editor, Carolynne Editors and Web Editor and keep them informed on the progress of your section.
- Maintain a balance of serious and light-hearted pieces within the section.
- Arrange interviews with people of interest within and beyond the University.
- Provide training and guidance to any member of SCAN writing for the Features section and maintain a proficient team of Features writers and columnists.
- Organise photography for the Features section with the Head of Photography.
Applicants should be imaginative, confident and have excellent administrative and communication skills. They should have a keen interest in fashion.
Experience in SCAN is desirable but applications will be considered from applicants with other relevant experience. Candidates with no previous experience in SCAN should not be dissuaded from applying – I welcome applications from anyone with a desire to learn and contribute to the paper.